JOIN OUR ACADEMY
The Academy is a platform for the interchange of skills between highly skilled artisans and people who are looking to pursue careers in craft. This exchange is structured around the creative exploration of the reuse of waste materials into beautiful objects and interiors.
Admin & Marketing Trainee
We are looking for an Admin & Marketing Trainee who can provide administrative and marketing support to the management team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in working in a creative environment and the ability to work independently and proactively. Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors as well as creating marketing content for social media and other marketing channels. A good understanding of MS Office, Internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required. The successful candidate will be expected to have an outgoing personality and possess excellent knowledge of the company’s products and services.
This post is funded by Catalyst Housing. We particularly welcome applicants living in W10. No agencies.
General admin support including:
● Reconcile sales/petty cash/cash sales weekly
● File receipts/petty cash slips
● Order in/buying supplies / stationery for shop/workshop: business cards, flyers, leaflets, carrier bags, tissue paper, light bulbs, till paper, credit card machine paper, posting products, ordering couriers, stationery (including ink jet cartridges)
● Maintain Health & Safety compliance log books
● Organise couriers/vans, deliveries
● Complete showroom diary with number of visitors, customers, tour stock for showroom (from production and on consignment suppliers)
● Log/photograph, and clearly price products for display
● Update stock inventory with (1) new products in (in from external source & production) and (2) out (sales - from sales book).
● Sales: Notify on consignment suppliers monthly and (2) accounts for payments of sales
● Handle website orders - add to production schedule, organise delivery.
● Schedule course dates and issue vouchers
● Update production schedule on computer: circulate to management team weekly
● Ensure all products in shop are priced, well displayed & clean
● Email customer receipts (if noted in sales invoice/receipt book that it’s required)
● Update CRM database: from sales invoice & contacts books, suppliers, tradesmen, etc
● Monthly stock take / inventory
Marketing Support including:
● Create and plan social media content across all channels
● Write content for newsletter, blogs, impact reports, press releases and other marketing collateral
Experience and Skill Set
● Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
● Good knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
● Strong appetite to learn
● Sense of responsibility and initiative
● Thrives under pressure
● Strong relationship management skills - polite, friendly and professional
● Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
● Attention to detail and problem solving skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
● Being a strong team player
● Good with numbers
What we offer you and Job Details:
● 3 days per week (21 hours per week)
● Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm with 1-hour unpaid lunch break
● Wage: £9 per hour
● Training & Development Opportunities: Expected to complete an 8-week Online Marketing & Business Course
● Shadowing opportunities in a corporate organisation and third sector organisation
● Location: Head Office in Trellick Tower, W10
● Start Date: Monday March 12th 2018
● Application Deadline: Friday February 23rd at 6pm
● We welcome applicants age 18 and above.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter telling us why you think you would be suited to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to hold interviews on w/c 26th February 2018.
Our Resident Artisan Programme
A platform to develop your craft and pass on your skills
Our RESIDENT ARTISANS are local artists and craftspeople to whom we give access to our workshop facilities and their own studio space to develop their craft and grow their own business. In exchange, we ask them for the equivalent of 1 week per month working for us, providing expertise and training that benefits the local community.
Our Academy Trainee Programme
Get paid to learn with our Scholarship Programme
Our ACADEMY TRAINEE programme enables companies to sponsor a trainee to learn craft skills . Our Scholarship Programme trains local young people in a swathe of manual skills- such as carpentry, joinery, cabinet making, metalwork and paint effects- with the aim of developing a skill pallet lending itself to them becoming self-supporting craftspeople. This is a particularly hands-on programme with training and applied learning 5 days a week as well as workshop evening classes.
Our Academy Volunteers
Learn skills, meet people and make a difference
Our ACADEMY VOLUNTEERS are a huge part of the team whether providing manual help in our workshop or contributing on an administrative level behind the scenes. Our volunteering programme is for people of all ages and is an opportunity to develop new skills, gain experience volunteering in a social enterprise, meet new people and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of Goldfinger Factory.